HANKELOW PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the meeting held 6th February 2006.
THOSE PRESENT :- The Chairman, Cllrs. Hulme, Mottershead, Cope and Hill also 2 Parishioners.
The Minutes of the meeting held 7th November 2005 were read and being accepted with one amendment and signed by the Chairman.
Mr. Preece dug the trench for the conduit but did not install the electrical wark.
1. THE POND.
Cllr. Mottershead had replaced the posts and it was agreed by all that this was a vast improvement. Cllr. Cope suggested that a further length should be done to reduce the height all round to match.
2. COUNCIL BOUNDARIES.
Cllr. Hill had attended a meeting. He said that no mention had been made of the amount that Hankelow pay to Audlem Burial Committee. The Clerk was requested to write a further letter pointing out the above and also mentioning the Public Transport which links Hankelow to Audlem.
3. CHRISTMAS TREE.
Everyone present agreed that the tree was magnificent this year. The Clerk was requested to write to Mark Preece to thank him for his work.
Cheques were raised as follows :-
AUDLEM BURIAL COMMITTEE £420.00
J. SCOTT 1/4 SALARY / EXP. £167.60
DUCK FOOD. £20.00
CHAPEL ( ROOM HIRE ) £75.00
1. It had been agreed since the last meeting that this remained as in previous year ( £2,000.00 ). It was agreed to discuss this at the November Meeting with a view to possibly increasing the amount.
2. Cllr. Mottershead had filled some of the pot holes and had some stone left to do more which would be as soon as possible.
3. The Chairman commented that the Chapel had a problem with the structure of the building and were looking for about £10,000.00. The Chairman suggested that theParish Council should send a donation. Cllr. Hill suggested a figure of £250 and Cllr. Hulme suggested £500. It was agreed to send £500 with a view to attempt to retreive some during the next year.
4. The Clerk was requested to write to Mr. Shenton thanking him for planting the bulbs.
5. The Clerk was requested to write to the Highways about the general state of footpaths in the Village.
Plans since last Meeting The Granary, (garage) REFUSED.
The Nook, (garage) PASSED.
There being no other business the Meeting was closed with the date of the A.G.M. set for 8th May 2006.